Our Regional elections are coming up this December, and all perpetually professed Secular Franciscans in the Mother Cabrini Region are invited to nominate persons whom they believe are qualified for an office. Nominations can be made by a fraternity or by an individual, and if someone is interested in a particular office, they can nominate themselves.
Note: Only perpetually professed Secular Franciscans within our Region may be nominated for elected and appointed offices.
- Formation Director
- Councilor At-Large
* Candidates may not hold the office of minister at two different levels. (General Constitutions, Article 82.a)
For information on the duties and responsibilities associated with these offices, see:
- General Constitutions, Articles 61-64
- National Statutes, Articles 22-24
- Mother Cabrini Regional Norms, Articles 7–11
- Mother Cabrini Region Ministers’ Reference Manual, pages B9–13, B19
The following offices are appointed positions. While these will be appointed by the newly-elected officers during their first Regional meeting, you can still recommend individuals for consideration — and individuals can put forward their own names — for the following.
- Councilor for Apostolates
- Councilor for Communications/PR
- Councilor for Fraternal Life
- Councilor for Visitations
- Councilor for Vocations
- Councilor for Youth/Young Adult
For information on the duties and responsibilities associated with these offices, see the Mother Cabrini Region Ministers’ Reference Manual, pages B14–18, B20.
Note: For the Mother Cabrini Region Ministers’ Reference Manual, every local minister should have a copy. Please see your local minister for more information.
To Submit Nominations
If you have nominations or suggestions, please email our 2009 Regional Nominating Committee Chair, Monica Marko, SFO, at elections @ ilofs.org (remove spaces).